Monday, March 25, 2013

LIfe Lately...

I am like the WORST blogger on the face of the planet. I can never seem to bring myself to catching up and blogging. I read other blogs of course...but when it comes to my blog. NOPE...never time. That is enough. I love it here and I am going to blog more! Pinky promise.

So much has been going on that I wonder how I could NOT blog. I have to catch everyone up on so many things going on with the Niedzwicki's.

Riley is AWESOME. She is such a joy in everyones lives. She has been growing by leaps and bounds. I have been having so much fun with her while she explores her world. She is almost 6 months and Josh and I love her to death. We have been just spending as much time together as possible. Look at that face...how could you not just smile....


She got baptized last week and that was a big week for our family. Our faith is really important to us and we had everyone there to celebrate Riley. The whole church was involved and we got the chance to tell her story about her hearing and her journey. She is one lucky girl and has the best Godparents EVER. I know they will guide her and see that she is always the person she wants to be. I couldn't be more happier with having them in her life. I hope she uses them as guidance for decisions, questions about life, and calls on them to be her friend and godparent. IT was a great day!


Life has just been hectic and busy...but good. I am just trying to stay afloat with all the things between family, work, Riley's appointments, hearing specialsts, spinning and being the best mom and wife I can be. I have a lot of updates on her hearing but I will save that for a later post. This week we go to Riley Hospital for her CI evaluation and orientation. I can't believe it's finally here!

She is now hearing at 65 decimals on the speech banana chart...you understand that right?? I will explain later once we know for sure after these next two days at Riley Hospital. Tuesday we have 3 hours with the audiologist and testing. I am sure we will walk about knowing exactly what she's hearing or more like not hearing.

For now I love being a mom, excited for some WARM weather, taking Riley to the zoo and putting her in all her summer clothes.


Here's Riley's reaction to the IU basketball game. Just like her Uncle Corey!


Have a great week.





No comments:

Post a Comment