Saturday, April 25, 2015

To my best friend on her wedding day


Dear Katie,

Wow! I can't believe this day is finally here. The day that you get to become one with the guy of your dreams. The guy I chose to become yours, the guy that makes you a better person. Your wedding day. This day means so much to me and I can't believe I'm here to celebrate every moment with you. The road that it took for you to finally find happiness is one long journey that only the few understand.

We have been friends for over 20 years and I don't think you really understand what all that means to me. I never had sisters but you, Leslie and Jill took that role. You know my strengths, you know my weaknesses; you know what I fear and you know what makes me happy. You know when I'm in a bad situation and you know when I need a big hug. You have supported me through all my decisions good or bad, and you never judge a thing.

Take today slow. Your wedding day it will be one of your best moments of your life, however it goes fast. Enjoy it! As much as today is about the wedding, today is really about the marriage. Even though I've only been married for four years I can tell you that sometimes it is hard. You get things that are thrown at you that you don't plan for. You will fight (probably before the end of the week), and it's okay. remember to love each other even when you don't like each other. Remember to always put Jay first, even when you have four kids running around. Remember to communicate, and most important remember to compromise.

they say that some people come into your life for a reason. Well i say that some people STAY in your life for a reason. Even though everybody is spread out miles and miles away, the coo coos will live on because birds of a feather flock together. 

Love you!








No comments:

Post a Comment