Friday, January 10, 2014

2013- What a year!

Now that it is a week into the new year I figured it was a good time to reflect and review what last year was all about. It went by so fast that I really haven't had time to think about it. I really have mixed feeling about last year. It was good, it was bad, it was sad and it was in credible all in one sentence.

Let's talk about the good (always go with the good first):
Riley had the gift of hearing; she heard my voice for the first time and it is a miracle. She had her cochlear implant surgey and was activated July 11th. She is really only 6 months hearing age and is taking off like crazy. It's a miracle.

We found out Riley is going to be a big sister to a little SISTER! More estrogen in our house and I can not wait. I can't wait for tea parties, spa days and slumber party galore; 14 more weeks to go.

I started a new job (same college) but working in the office of career services. I really love this move because I get to work closely with students and see their dreams come true. I am truly happy with this move. It is a little farther of a commute but still nothing compares to when I was driving downtown to CSU everyday; 30 miles turned into 60 minutes almost everyday. No traffic in the country-BONUS


Now the ugly:

Riley has had so many issues with her implants that was so unexpected. She has now had three surgeries since July and will have another one this may or June. I wish everyday that it would be me with the hearing loss, and me that has to go through these surgeries. She is the happiest baby on the block and doesn't even what she has been going through this year. She had her first ambulance ride, which our hospital is over 2 hours one way, and her first surgery in 2013.

I feel alittle guilty because I haven't been paying much attention to this pregnancy as I did Riley. I mean I had pictures weekly posted of my belly and my progress; some week with baby #2 I forget what week I am on. All I know is she will be here in 3.5 months and we don't have a name picked out. Things have just been so crazy that this pregnancy just flew by.....baby girl, I promise it will be different once you are here. We love you to the moon and back.

What I've learned:

People do change: I always thought that people don't change. Maybe it's not changing, just more growing apart. I've learned that I don't have time for negativity or people that just take every once of happiness out of you when you talk to them. I have to stay positive in everything that is going on, attitude is everything and you choose how you react to situation. I can't keep up with the Joneses and I don't want to. I can barely keep up with the Niedzwicki's. In 2014 I am going to surround myself with people that I love and don't have to compete with. It's not worth it.

God's plan is the right plan. I think that is enough said. There are so many things that I think....what if? What if I never moved to Indiana? What if I Riley was born with normal hearing? What if I wouldn't have had fertility issues? god knows and he placed everything accordingly. I believe more in God's plan than I ever had. He keeps giving me test, challenges and once I think we've gotten through one bump, another one comes.

I married the most amazing father/husband I ever met or known. He is my saving grace and is everything to his girl. The way she is becoming quite the daddies girl makes me happy. That's what i want, it makes me love him even more. 

 2014 is going to be a great year and I can't wait to watch our family grow. These three are my whole world and what 2014 is going to be about. 





No comments:

Post a Comment