Monday, March 17, 2014

Then and Now

St. Patty's Day is seriously one of my favorite holidays. There is something about being lucky, 4 leaf clovers and lepracauns that just make me happy; besides the fact that you can drink green beer and not get looked at like your crazy. St. Patty's day this year really got me thinking: Boy Have times changed! Not only am I giving up my green beer and irish car bombs for baby bottles and spit up, but there are other areas in my life that have just...well changed. Thinking back to then and now......

Then:   I would get up at 4am and go out for st pattys day, drink green beer all day and all night. I would by decked out head to toe in green and love every minute of it. Now: I had trouble finding a green shirt; I ended up borrowing from Josh because my pregnant belly is too big and will probably be in bed by 9pm.

Then: I would go out and buy anything I wanted. If I saw it, I like it, I bought it. Now I feel guilty for buying myself a $20 shirt.

Then: I would watch sex and the city and live my life kind of like I was one of the cast members. Now: I live in the county and am 8 months pregnant- sex is the farthest thing from my mind:)

Then: It wouldn't be a weekend if I didn't have something going on or some gathering to go to. Now: the best weekends are the ones relaxing with my little family.

Then: I only had pictures of my friends on my Facebook and camera. Now: I think Riley is, if not in all, in like every picture on my account.

Then: Date nights consisted of going to a dinner, a movie, maybe even an awesome concert. Now: if we can stay up past 10 to watch a movie we feel good about ourselves!

Then: Bud Light Bottles were my go to beverage of choice. Now I prefer only Tommie Tippee Bottles. 

Then: I didn't know what true love was. Now: I can't imagine my life without Josh and Riley Mae and soon to be Emerson.

Looking back from then to now, From college to present time, From Ohio to Indiana, I get this feeling that even though you don't think things will change, they do. I grew up. I remember back to college and I thought that was the rest of my life; in reality my life is just beginning.  I never thought that I would live me life by labels but now I do. Wife, Mother, Friend, and Daughter are the labels that I live by and the ones that make me realize that NOW is exactly were I want to be.

Happy St. Patty's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment