Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflecting 2012. Happy New Year!!

As this year comes to an end and 2013 takes off, it's always a good time to reflect on the things this year has brought you and what exciting new things 2013 will have. I don't think anyone can really predict what is going to come in this next year...life sometimes make those decisions for you. Yea you can set new year's resolutions and goals for the year but sometime God has other plans.

I would have to say that 2012 was the best year of my life so far. 2011 was a hard year of infertility and a year of change with moving to Indiana. Looking back now I can't believe what a year has done. I feel like a whole different person, a whole different family.


This time last year we were still renting in North Manchester and I wasn't pregnant with Riley yet. Now we own a beautiful house in Wabash county and have our amazing daughter Riley Mae that is almost 3 months now.

2012 has brought us great joy and also some challenges. Pregnancy was not an easy thing for me. I had quite a few complications in the beginning and pretty much worried myself sick for 9 months. I would say pregnancy is not my best friend. Did I love feeling her kick everyday? Yes. Was a nervous wreck the whole time? Yes. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat.

We also found out our daughter was born profoundly deaf in one ear and severe in the other ear. In all my life and all my challenges I think this was the hardest to wrap my hands around. It was a greiving process and family and friends pulled me through. Our baby is perfect and I actually think this "challenge" is going to make me a better mom.

I also lost my grandma in May 2012. This was hard. I love and miss her so. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her and wish she could meet Riley Mae. Mae is part of Riley named after my grandma Sandra Mae and will always be a part of our family.

After all things good and bad I will have to say Life IS Good! We get through. You pick your head up and keep on moving because this is what matters. The picture below is what life is about and when I think of 2012 this picture will come in my head....and make me smile.




2013 is going to be a great year with more surprises I'm sure. This time next year Riley will have her Cochlear Implants and be able to hear all the great things that life has to offer. I will look back on this post and remember how far we have come and what great things have happened to our little family.

Happy New Year to all.

Riley's Mama

xoxoxoxoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. i never would have said this when we first got our daughter's diagnosis, but i 100% think i am a better parent because of her deafness. i am more intentional, empathetic and creative than i would've been. she had surgery at 9 1/2 months and activated at 10 1/2 months, and now she won't stop talking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome story. Your blog is very encouraging. I can't wait to get to that point. Thank you

    ReplyDelete