Saturday, January 5, 2013

This Year....

I'm usually not one for resolutions because one: I don't really keep them, and two: I really do try to step back and better myself on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. So this year I am NOT setting resolutions and calling them "goals". I like it. That's really what resolutions are...right? Goals you set for yourself. If I call them goals then I know I will complete them because if you know me at all, I love a good goal challenge.

I think this year is going to be a big year. I'm not sure how it can even come close to trumping last year but there is something about 2013 that has a good ring to it. I like it.

This year is going to be about family. I am going to focus on becoming a better wife to Josh and mother to Riley Mae. Not that I am bad at these things but sometimes other things, superficial things, get in your way that don't really matter. Our little family of three is what matters this year.

This year I really want to work on my fitness! I need to loose 30 pound and my goal is May. I know, I know...this is so cliche but I really need it. I want to get back to pre baby weight and start doing more fitness. I am starting by teaching 4 Spinning classes a week...YIKES!

This year I am not going to sweat the small stuff. I worry alot...I mean alot about things that are out of my control and let petty things get to me. Why? Who knows. I do know that I have everything I want and I don't always have to have more. I'm happy. Which brings me to my next thing...

This year I'm going to be happy. Why would anyone be negative by choice? Be happy for others. Be positive for others. Your attitude is a choice. I want to more acts of kindness and truly be happy. I am going to stay away from negativity in my life and teach my daughter to be positive. Be a role model.

This year is going to be a big year for Riley's Cochlear Implants and her development. My goal is to try and get the surgery by 10 months if we can get into a research project. I am not going to stress about this process and take it one day at a time. My little girl and her hearing is going to be the focus of 2013. I think I have focused on ME for 32 years and I couldn't be happier to give all I got to Riley.

Who know what else this year will bring.  I wouldn't have ever thought I would this time last year that I would have a 3 month old daughter that is deaf in her left ear, an strong mother that battled breat cancer and is now in remission, and losing my grandma. These things weren't even a thought ringing in 2012. After last year I don't think there is anything I can't tackle and conquer.

Happy New Year. May this year be a bright fullfilled year with health and happiness.

1 comment:

  1. These are great goals...hope you have a great 2013! After a tough 2012, you definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete