Thursday, June 6, 2013

Build a Bear

I just have to rave about Build a Bear for a minute.

As we started to plan Riley's surgery, I was really thinking of the perfect  present I wanted to her. Something special that she could have forever. Something that she would know I gave her the day of the CI surgery.

Build a Bear was the first thing I thought of. This way I can record my voice in the bear and when she can hear, she will know the significance of the bear. I want to sing "you are my sunshine, my only sunshine..." I sing that to her about everyday. It's our thing. She doesn't realize it now but she will very soon.

So looking at the the bears, I thought " they should have a bear with cochlear implants. Why don't they? So that got me all fired up. Being the advocate I am, I had to email or call customer services and ask why this was. My email was very short and sweet.

My daughter is getting cochlear implants. She can not current hear. You really should look into getting accessories for deaf children. Two or three out of every 1000 children are born deaf and cochlear implants are becoming the norm.

Really it was not a complaint, more like a suggestion. The point is I wanted to get her something that was like her. 

That same day I got a response.

Dear Shannon,
Thank you beary much for contacting us and sharing your feedback! We actually do have a hearing aid for our furry friends! You can find it online at the link below:

http://www.buildabear.com/shopping/productDetail.jsp?productId=prod81549&categoryId=cat110008&dressMeMode=false&embroidery=false&soundEligible=false&selected=

Thank you again. If you have any further questions or suggestions please feel free to contact us!

Have a PAWsome day!

Beary truly yours,



Wow they really do think of everything. Just an example of great customer service! You don't always get that these days.

12 more days until surgery.



No comments:

Post a Comment