Monday, June 17, 2013

The Night Before

Riley Mae,

Here we are. The night before. Tomorrow is surgery day. Tomorrow your life will change forever. Even though you will not be activated or turned on until July 11th, tomorrow is the big day. There's no turning back. Tomorrow is when your cochlear implants and electrodes will be installed in your little 8 month ears.

I want you to know that your father and I love you very much and would go to the moon and back for you. We made this decision for you to get the implants with little or no discussion about it. We want you to have all the opportunities in the world. Not that you wouldn't if you couldn't hear, but they would be limited. We want you to be in our world. The world with spoken language and listening.

There is so much going through my head as I type this and think about tomorrow. I hope and I pray. I hope that this gives you the gift of hearing. I hope that you know who much we love you. I pray that you get through the surgery and recover in no time. I pray that everything is going to be great because we have God on our side.

One day you will have many questions about this procedure, your implants and why you have to have them. Some days I ask those same questions. Just know that you are very special to a lot of people. God only gives you and our family gifts that we need in our life. This process will make you so much stronger then you could have ever been. I know it has me. It has changed who I am as a person, a wife, a most importantly a mother.

Tomorrow you will be in good hands. Tomorrow you have so many people coming to support you. Tomorrow will hopefully change you life forever.

 
Love Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment