Wednesday, April 17, 2013

June 18th

June 18th is the day. June 18th is the big day. The day we go to Italy. The day we have all been waiting for. The day Riley Mae has her surgery. I'm sure some of you are confused because one of my previous posts said that it was May 14th. Yes well that got pushed back.

Dr. Yates (the most awesome surgeon and ENT doctor on the plant) wanted to push it back because he thinks Riley will be a little too young still. In may she will be 7 months, but really 6 months because she was born early.

I trust Riley Hospital. I trust IU Health. I most certainly trust Dr. Yates. Am I bummed? Not really...okay maybe a litte. I think one more month is minuscule to Riley hearing for the rest of her life. I want to be as safe as possible and the best outcome with her implants is that she is a little more developed. Meaning her bones and skull are harder.

So now we wait. Next stop is INDY! June 18th can't come fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment