Wednesday, May 8, 2013

How it REALLY turned out....

Sometimes I sit back and think about my pregnancy. When I was pregnant I had all these expectations...I had list and do and don'ts. I didn't know what to expect but I knew myself and what everyone told me. I have quite a few friends that are having kids or had kids recently and I have the best advice someone can give you.....

Throw your expectations out the door!

There it is. All you need to know about being a mother. For me my whole pregnancy I was a nervous wreck and did not enjoy it because of that. I had her whole life planned up until her college, yup thats me, the control planner.

Remember this post...yea the one where I went over my whole birth plan. I don't think one of those things on the list actually happened.

Epidural PLEASE (this is more for the people around me then me)
•I would like epidural only when I ask for it, not when I first get ther
•Arrive at hospital before labor is too intense
•Music and massage to calm me down (we will provide)
•Do not break my water if not already broken
•Avoid C Section if all possible
•Delayed cord cutting
•Immediate latching/nursing
•one hour alone with baby and Josh after delivery

Okay, my water broke 5 weeks early so I would say that one is a no go. Yea, avoid C Section...ha! That didn't happen. Delay cord cutting...I wasn't even on this planet to realize they cut the cord. No latching for me...no milk. You see mothers...planning might be a good thing because you will get a good laugh later.   I had a plan for motherhood also. I was going to breastfeed for one year. No pacifier. I wouldn't let her fuss too long. I would hold her until she fell asleep. LOL. I am literally laughing out loud right now.   We all know how the breastfeeding thing turned out and I don't want to relive that. She gets her paci when she is tired and that is usually it. I actually think it makes her more independant.   She barely cries so I really don't have to worry about that that but if she fusses, I let her figure it out. Now I will get her if she starts crying (again rarely ever) but she fusses and she figures out what to do.   I am a lot calmer than I thought I would be. I don't get nervous about sids and her sleeping in her crib. I don't worry about her at daycare or when other people have her.    Life is a lot different when I threw all my expectations away and actually learned from the mistakes. Who cares about research, statistics, what babies SHOULD be doing and what NOT to do. Do what is best for your child and don't have expectations.   Life is great! It is better than I would have hoped. I have a 7 month old and she is the sweetest, most prim and proper girl I have ever met. I guess I am doing ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment