Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Birth Plan

I am getting really behind on my pregancy to-do-list and The Bump emials me everyday "Create a Birth Plan"! I feel like they are really saying, "we know you are a new mom and avoiding this BUT it WILL happen so get on the ball". Okay Okay!

Will only 62 days left there is still so much to think about. I don't think we are prepared at ALL. Yes we have a car seat but are we ready to be parents?? (please don't answer that).

There is so much discussion and people asking you, epidural or natural, breast or bottle, waterbirth and much much more. I thought I would share what the Niedzwicki's plan to do for birth and that may ease some minds. I have also talked to my doctor and she is on the same page, which is always a good thing. She is the one in control!

Our birth plan is really the NO PLAN PLAN. I don't want to go in there with high standards of something because I don't want to be let down and have to make a decision that could break my heart later. I hear about that happened on all the mommy blogs (yes, we have a community now).

There are some things that we would like to see happen. However it is really up to God on how my delivery goes. Our goal is to have a health baby Riley Mae.

Here are some of the things we have discussed:

  • Epidural PLEASE (this is more for the people around me then me)
  • I would like epidural only when I ask for it, not when I first get there
  • Arrive at hospital before labor is too intense
  • Music and massage to calm me down (we will provide)
  • Do not break my water if not already broken
  • Avoid C Section if all possible
  • Delayed cord cutting
  • Immediate latching/nursing
  • one hour alone with baby and Josh after delivery
That is all! Does that seem to needy/demanding? Again, our REAL plan is to have a healthy baby. If that calls for potocin, c section and breaking my water, then that is what it is going to have to be. All deliveries are different, just like all pregnancies.

With delivery getting closer and braxton hicks contractions in full swing we have hospital and delivery on our mind. It's kinds like that statement "There's only two things in life you can't avoid :Death and Taxes". Well delivery and giving birth is something that is GOING TO HAPPEN....SOON!

Nursery is almost done and can not wait to post the final product.

xoxoxox

Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment