Tuesday, January 8, 2013

3 Month Young

My Sweet Riley Mae,

As I sit here and think about you first 3 months I have a whirlwind of emotions. We have already had so many highs, lows, exciting and some scary. Most parents write about how they can't believe it is already 3 months...I feel like you have been in my life forever. How could it ONLY be three months that you have been a part of your dad and I.

This month was a huge month of firsts. Your first Christmas and New Year's which was very exciting for everyone. You got to meet all your aunts, uncles and cousins and I will have to say you were a big hit. Your first cold and flu bug that was NOT fun for anyone. You smiled and laughed for the first time. Your first trip to the store was a success (it was Walmart but still). I think you will get the hang of that real soon.

You have a bunch of nicknames: peanut, pumpkin, stinkerbut, honey munckin and my favorite Ms. Mae. I call you Ms. Mae almost regularly and think that is the one that will stick. I mean, you might die of embarrassment if I'm calling you stinkerbut in high school.


You are starting to get the cutest little rolls on your legs and arms. This makes me happy because you are packing on the pounds. Last doctor's appointment you were 9 pounds and that was a month ago. I would say your are probably up near the 11 pound mark. You are 10% for your weight and not quite on the growth chart for your height...don't you worry baby girl, being tall isn't all its cracked up to be.

You love love love your wabbanub and your hands. I think your the only baby that sticks her whole hand in her mouth. I don't think we are going to have any problems when it comes to food, you like to stick everything in your mouth.

Today was a big day because you received your hearing aids. The are cute, pink and you definetly heard something. Your eyes popped wide open and a BIG smile can across your face. It was the most amazing thing in the world. I can only imagine what the Cochlear Implant is going to do.

Riley I love you more and more everyday. You make this world a better place with your stregnth, charm and sweet smile. I love you more than coffee, more than pizza....to infinity and BEYONE.

Love Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment