Monday, January 28, 2013

Birth Story: Part III


 Let's start right off with the doctor getting me prepared for the c section....

Josh was taking a nap because we really didn't think anything was going to happen anytime soon. I mean...we were already in labor for 13 hours and no action yet. To tell you the truth, I hadn't even really thought of a c section. I didn't think that was possible. I kinda freaked out under the circumstances.



I had to wake Josh us and get some support. They really weren't "making" me have a c section or it wasn't an emergency or anything they had a point. One, Riley's heartrate was dropping and Two: I had some fertility issues and this could be my only child. When the doctor tells you that it puts it all in perspective. THIS WAS REALLY HAPPENING. I was going into surgery.



Once Josh got dressed and right before the surgery, we did a family prayer to keep us strong and to put this all into perspective. I felt like God was with me this whole pregnancy and he has played such a big part in our whole journey. I knew he would get us through anything.

I was ready to go it was about midnight and before I knew it, there were like 10 people that came running in the room. Yup...all the oncall nurses, recovery, and surgery help. It was kind of crazy how everyone just came in with one phone call. We went to being the only two on the floor, to it being pretty busy.

Next thing I know we are in surgery and they anesthesiologist was there giving me a pep talk and making sure I couldn't feel anything. Thank God for that! Josh on the other hand was kind of freaking out when I was just confused on everything that was happening.


I felt pulling, pushing, pressure. I was scared, excited, exhausted, worried. Then it happened. A cry that would melt your heart. I cry that I would hear day in and day out when she needed her mama. She was here! She was finally here.

The worst part of the whole experience was the recovery. Josh was on cloud 9 helping with Riley. Getting her cleaned up and loving her. I, on the other hand, was in recovery and all I remember was so much pain. They put me on the patocin to contract my uterus and the epideral wore off. From the surgery to the uterus all I can feel were contractions and more pressure.

Then they finally were able to give me my little angel. Riley Mae was finally here and ready to take on the world. It was a long road but the moment I saw her I knew everything was going to be okay. My life was forever changed. We got to meet our sweet baby girl, our miracle baby, our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment