Monday, January 28, 2013

Riley's Domain


Riley's nursery is my most absolute favorite room of the house. We put the most thought into making sure her domain was relaxing, cute and everything a baby would as for. There is something special about a baby's room. Something that you will always remember. The little touches that you put into your baby's room will last lifetime. This is Riley Mae's domain through Instagram (sorry I don't have a better camera...Yet).

















Most everything was from Hobby Lobby (big surprise). I absolutely love her crib and changing table. I love the sleigh look and it is very dramatic in person. I have problems with cribs because I think they all look like jails. I wanted her to feel like a princess...like she was in a cinderella sleigh.

Crib and Changing Table: JC Penny
Mobile: Pottery Barn
Valances: DIY (thanks to my bff Leslie Buike)
shelves: target
picture frames: Hobby Lobby
Diaper Box: Hobby Lobby (this is a MUST have)
Care Bear: Mine growing up
Purple Lamp: Hobby Lobby
Rug: Overstock
Mirror: Hobby Lobby
Rocking Chair: My grandma's old chair

It is hard to tell through the photos but the wall color is a soft mint color with wood trim. I started with one theme and the colors kept on going and going. Pinks, blues, purples and all types of pattern. We have a jack and jill set up so her playroom will be on the other side of the bathroom. There will be pictures to come....I'm taking on a stencil wall. Check out our stencil here. Got the idea from a great mom designer. Check out her playroom here. It is amazing. I don't know what I would do without my blog moms! They give me such inspiration.

Well there you have it...the nursery. I loved every minute off it and already have baby #2 (God willing) nursery ideas going in my head. DIY heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment