Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Life Lessons

Sorry I have been MIA for the past week. We have been quite the busy little family AND not to mention we haven't had internet for 5 days. This is because I live in the country and it is hard to reach me, literally. Through phone, internet, screaming, however you wish...you may never reach me. Hopefully it will be back on tomorrow and I can post some baby bump pics. I have quite the bump now, only 69 more days left! Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

I was thinking about motivation and things that have happened in my life to make me the person I am. I am currently studying for the GRE (it sucks...bigtime) and I can't help to think of how baby Riley has motivated me so much. I want to start my doctorate, renovate the house, get GOOD life insurance and make sure she is taken care of. Even if that does mean learning quadratic equations, fractions, slopes and everything else that makes me get sick.

Riley, hopefully you will read this one day and get something back from our journey through marriage, pregancy and being a family of three. I wanted to share some of the things I have learned in the past 32 years:

  1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
  2. Try to forgive, but never forget.
  3. Sometimes unanswered prayers are your prayers really answered.
  4. Apple juice is so much better than orange juice.
  5. Best friends are like sisters you choose. Choose them wisely.
  6. Your first heartbreak won't be your last.
  7. College is a blast, don't rush it.
  8. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
  9. When it comes to going for everything you dream, don't take no for an answer.
  10. Tatoos last a lifetime (ask Aunt Leslie).
  11. Pizza cutter is the best pizza in the world.
  12. Time really does heal everything. Give time time.
  13. Pray...it works.
  14. Your problems aren't half as bad as the next guys.
  15. Exercise..it eases the mind.
  16. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
  17. Cleveland sports teams will always let you down every season.
  18. Your character is who YOU are, your reputation is what others think you are.
  19. Success isn't given, it's earned. You have to work for success and if you work, you will get results.
  20. You are in charge of your own happiness. Don't let anyone take that away from you.
I hopefully have 40+ years of life and learning left. I can't wait to see what the next 32 years bring us.

Happy Hump Day
xoxoxox
Shannon

1 comment:

  1. I love this post :). So true. Thought you might be interested in Caroline's Advice for Girls :). Caroline is my 6 years old and came up with these on her own when asked, "What advice would you give other girls?"
    1. Be yourself.
    2. Empty all bad thoughts from your mind.
    3. Have a bag of good things to say.
    4. Be nice to yourself and to others.
    5. Be kind.
    6. Let friends play with you.
    7. Don't blow friendships if you get in a fight.
    8. Love animals.
    9. Be thankful for what you get.
    10. Your looks don't matter to God. Your INSIDES do.
    11. Don't do something silly or dangerous to see if God will rescue you.
    12. Smile when you can.
    13. What others think doesn't matter. It only matters what God thinks.

    ReplyDelete